CMQ Urban 2016
The Urban CMQ 2016 will be held from june 17th to 19th at Place Gennevilliers-Laliberté of the Marché Maisonneuve, near Piex-IX subway station. Trials, Slopestyle Street and Flatland will be held as they have in the past as well as new disciplines such as long and high jump. A mini speed trials and cone race have also been integrated for beginning riders. An intermediate category has also been added to Trials.
Friday june 17th 2016
- 16:30 Registration @Place Gennevilliers-Laliberté
- 18:00-19:00 Intermediate Trials competition
- 18:00-19:30 Expert Trials Competition
- 21:00 Unicycle movie night
Saturday june 18th 2016
- 9:00 Registration @Place Gennevilliers-Laliberté
- 10:00-12:00 Slopestyle qualifications
- 13:00-14:00 Slopestyle finals
- 14:00-18:00 High jump, long jump, cone race mini speed trials
- 19:30 Prize ceremony @ Ovila-Pelletier basketball court
- 20:00-21:30 Flatland Qualifications @Ovila Pelletier basketball court
- 21:30-23:00 Flatland finals
- 23:00 Prize ceremony
*In the case of rain, the competitions will be reschedule to sunday and a Taz skatepark ride will be held instead
Sunday june 29th 2016
- 10:00-18:00 Urban group ride
Unicyclists of all levels and all riding styles are invited to explore the best spots the metropolis of Montreal has to offer.
There are three different fees:
- Monotréal club members: 35$
- Non-members: 50$
- Beginners 25$ (allows riders to participate in mini speed trials, cone race, high and long jump only)
To register, all you need to do is follow these two steps
- Pay your registration fee here: http://monotreal.ca/inscriptions
- Fill out the registration document: http://goo.gl/forms/Ckk1mPNJm1
The document is valid only on the condition that a Paypal payment has been completed before hand. Please note that to have access to the member discout (35$) you must be connected on your Monotréal account.
As well as it is still possible to register on spot, it is strongly recommended to register as early as possible to allow easier planning for the event. Also, the registration fees will be 10$ more starting june 1st 2016. The CMQ 2016 t-shirts will also only be available thru pre-ordering during online registration.
It is imperative that all competitors fill in the release form in order to take part in the event. For minors, the form must be signed by a parent or legal gardian. Competitors will hand over their release form during their on-site registration, before the begining of their competitions. Download link to release form.
Two categories are available for participants
- Intermediate: 1h to complete as many trials lines as possible
- Expert, 1h30 to complete as many lines as possible
The competition is split into two steps
- Final (6 competitors)
HIGH AND LONG JUMP
This competition is for riders of all levels. The participants decide which height or length they want to start the competition on. They then get three attempts per height or length. There will also be a practicing zone on spot and a separate zone for the official competition.
Competition for beginner riders. Cone course which must be completed as fast as possible without dismounting.
MINI SPEED TRIALS
Competition for beginner riders. Obstacle course with heights of a maximum of 20cm.
The participants will be judged on the amount of steps needed to finish the line as well as the time required to do so.
This competition is composed of two steps
- Preliminary round where each unicyclist shows their best tricks to judges during 1minute
- Battles organized based on seeding of the competitors during preliminary rounds. Double elimination will be used.
NEW: Cash prizes will be given to the winner of the competition as well as to the competitor having impressed or surprised the judges the most. The money will be collected from voluntary contributions from competitons and will be double by Monotréal. Two thirds of this amount will go to the winner, one third to the Revelation rider. This new cash prize is a test for the next CMQ editions held by Monotréal. Based on the success of this concept we will then decide whether or not we do so next year.
- Helmet: mandatory for all disciplines other than flatland
- Gloves: recommended but not mandatory
In collaboration with the Mercier-Hochelaga-Maisonneuve borough, the 2016 Urban CMQ activities will be held officially at Place Gennevilliers-Laliberté, at the intersection of Ontario street and Morgan avenue (near Pie-IX subway station)
This year, Monotréal has the pleasure of announcing a few sponsors that we think will make the competition that much more interesting!
Moocow Unicycles (http://moocowunicycles.com/)
Moocow unicycles is a manufacturer and retailer of high performance unicycle parts, designed to be light and durable. A Canadian brand from Toronto owned by David Moscoe, they are dedicated to the sport of Unicycling as well as to the development of the sport itself.
Without a doubt the biggest retailer of unicycles and unicycle parts in Canada, Municycle.ca, member of the Unicycle.com family, offers unicycles and parts for every level, budget and style of riding imaginable on one wheel. The retailer has also been a partner of Monotréal for a year now.
Kaskade Monocycle http://www.kaskademonocycle.com/
Lessons, demos, conferences, shows tailored to your needs Kaskade Monocycle also offers unicycles that you can buy thru them. As one of the strengths of unicycling in Quebec, the one wheeled unicycling community from Trois-Rivières is composed of some of the most talented unicyclists in the province, helping the sport grow every year thanks to their impressive dedication and support for unicycling.